Thursday, April 22, 2021

Optase Dry Eye Kit, Refresh Drops, and Muro 128 Ointment

There are some mornings that it’s hard to open my eyes. I need to pry them open with my fingers. Three times in the last six months I woke up with eye pain - in either eye - that subsided after using eye drops all day long. So when I went to the eye doctor for a routine six month check last week, I knew the inevitable. Taking prescription eye drops to keep the ocular pressure down also contributes to dry eyes, along with a dry house, and wearing masks. I already use systane eye drops twice a day, but it doesn’t seem to help. So it was recommended that I try the Optase dry eye kit, use refresh drops, and Muri 128 ointment. There’s also a procedure that can be done with the tear duct, but I’m not going there yet. The kit comes with an eye patch that gets heated in the microwave that is worn for ten minutes two times a day. There is also a gel that is used to clean the eyelid and removes junk. And there are more optase eye drops. So the daily routine now is refresh eye drops in the morning, eye patch after lunch, gel before shower, rinse, optase eye drops after shower, eye patch after dinner, refresh eye drops after patch, prescription eye drops around nine PM, refresh eye drops before bed. I tried the eye ointment before bed, but it is a cream and causes a really bad haze. So I’ll save that for when I have eye pain in the morning, or I might try it again. Have I noticed a difference? I’m not sure, which is sad. The house is still dry with the heat going in spite of a humidifier. Getting older is a real pain. Just the cost to pay for all of this makes it difficult along with all the other prescriptions and health care needs. Luckily we can afford it. What happens to those who can’t? I feel like I’ve aged ten years since the hibernation. That’s not exactly what I was looking forward to in retirement. Yes, things could be worse - but I don’t have to be happy about it. 























No comments:

Post a Comment