Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Finally! A Barber Shop Visit

Over the last year I have been cutting my husband’s hair with clippers. I didn’t care to do it, and it came out different every time. I suppose I’ve done it at least six times now. Because we really didn’t do anything or go anywhere it didn’t matter if his hair wasn’t the perfect cut. So he’s been hinting that he needed a haircut and I just didn’t want to do it. We are beginning to go to places now - like doctor and dental appointments! - and I thought he needed to have a better job than what I was able to do. So we drove over to the barber shop that he used to go to before all of this pandemic nonsense. I stayed in the car for the duration. There was someone waiting before him, and after him another person walked in, and then another one shortly thereafter. All in all it didn’t take very long. He looked like a completely different person because I wouldn’t have dared to cut it as short as they did. It never mattered where he got his haircut. It always seemed like one sideburn was longer than the other. It’s a running joke. Anyway, he feels good about it and I feel good about it because I don’t want to feel responsible for a crooked haircut. So now we have clippers and a bib to hold the clippings. Wonder when we will use it again? This episode inspired me to finally think about getting my hair cut. It’s been a year and I have just about had it. Maybe it’s one way of feeling “normal” again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment