Monday, April 5, 2021

Two Year House Anniversary

It’s been two years since we moved to northern Virginia. It’s hard to believe and then it isn’t. We spent more time in this house over the last year than we thought we ever could. After living on Capitol Hill for thirteen years, we moved to a condo in a familiar neighborhood. We went there every week for Saturday brunch, then groceries, and sometimes back the next day for Sunday dinner out. Our two 500 square foot condos on Capitol Hill were swapped for a single 1000 square foot one bedroom and den - and most importantly a parking garage and space. When we were traveling during the year the size of the house was great. But being stuck in it there were days it was a bit claustrophobic. It’s still not as cozy as I would like it to be and maybe it never will be. It’s a combination of old and new items. It’s comfortable enough, but having one bathroom is only a mindset. It’s worked out okay but we haven’t had any visitors for the so long. If we would ever have them again there is a hotel just a couple of blocks away. Would we have done anything different? I miss our Midwest home a lot now, and we do miss our Capitol Hill neighborhood but we can still drive in whenever we want. This week we learned that the house we grew up in in Florida has officially been deeded over to the next door neighbors who took care of my mom who passed away a year ago. It was her gift to them for everything they have done for her and for us. Now that it’s done it tugs at my heart a bit. Another chapter closed. It’s another place I spent a lot of years in and I didn’t think I would miss it as much as I do now. I can’t think of anywhere else we would want to live, but I’m not quite as settled as I would have hoped.  






















No comments:

Post a Comment