Monday, June 13, 2022

52frames Triangular Configuration

I was going to use the image for last week’s photo challenge - everything in focus. But I decided it would perhaps be a better entry for this week - triangular configuration. The photo of the Capitol building against the crisp blue sky could be used for either. I usually don’t look at the next week’s topic until I’ve competed the current week but I’m glad I did - although it would have forced me to be a bit more creative. I did have to retake the photo because the image must be taken the same week of the challenge. But even after that we went to Old Town Alexandria to see if anything else might work better and also checked options in our neighborhood park. The idea was not to be a literal triangle, but more of an artistic figurative composition. I was actually happy with several of the options including a restaurant on the Potomac river and a family sitting on the green as we strolled along the waterfront. Even the pooch behind the iron gate was nice as was the convergence of cars on the GW Parkway. All I have to say is that I have learned a lot by participating in the weekly challenge - especially since my camera is my iPhone 6Plus that has serious limitations. But there are techniques and terms that I never heard of before and have become familiar with now. Since I became a member in October 2020 one of my images was selected as a top 52 out of over 3000! I was very surprised but it makes me want to keep searching for interesting photos. And it makes for a good morning walk somewhere. 


































No comments:

Post a Comment