Thursday, June 23, 2022

Mayflowers Purchase

It was raining so we went to the mall for a morning walk. When we passed by Crate and Barrel the fake plants got my attention. We have many live plants scattered throughout the house but we have one or two fake plants in spots where the real thing doesn’t grow well. When we updated the dining room with a sideboard the large turquoise glass vase was placed on it and it was filled with bamboo shoots. The leaves look good, but a pop of color might do better. So I looked at the fake peonies and one large flower might be just what was needed. But my husband dislikes fake flowers and plants and didn’t want to look at them. So on the way home we stopped at Mayflowers to see if we could find a single flower to dress up the large vase. I had read about this shop and it is known for unusual and interesting flowers. We explained what we were looking for and decided upon two long stem wildflowers. They did look interesting and we have seen them in the Enid Haupt gardens by the Smithsonian castle. When I put them in the vase they just disappeared - not exactly the look I was going for. We didn’t need more stems and I certainly didn’t get the pop of color against the already green surroundings. It was rather disappointing. The vase needs to be in front of a plain wall rather than a mirror to even see the flowers. The price we paid was probably the same as the fake peony- which was what I had in mind all along. The flower shop had a lot of beautiful options. We just picked the wrong one. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment