Saturday, June 25, 2022

Ice Cream Bite

Who doesn’t love ice cream? My first recollection was driving with my family to Michael’s Dairy in New England for a vanilla cone. My dad would always take the first bite so I could manage the rest more easily without making a mess. I was never a really huge fan but liked it whenever we got it. The flavors changed to strawberry over vanilla and I loved orange sherbet. In the days of going out to dinner, finishing it off with a sorbet was always nice. Whenever we visit the Midwest we always stop for custard. My husband and I rarely kept ice cream in the house. We would get it when we had family over for Thanksgiving. Lately however, we keep a small container of vanilla ice cream and a sherbet of some sort. After dinner for dessert we always have tea. My husband has a chocolate chip cookie and a few assorted others; I have a slice of angel food cake. Now we also have literally one bite of vanilla ice cream. It sounds bizarre, but it’s just enough to give you a taste of something delicious. It’s like the single Hershey kiss that I have after dinner. It’s just enough. I’m sure over time it will become too much. But for now it just seems like the best way to have the best of both worlds. 










No comments:

Post a Comment