Tuesday, January 17, 2023

52Frames Blur the Action Weekly Photo Challenge

I do like my new Apple IPhone 14 Pro Max, but it still can’t do all the things a real camera can. So I need to depend on apps - so technically it can do things like slow shutter, but I’m not sure the end result is the same. This week’s 52Frames photo challenge was “blur the action.” That does require slow shutter. Every time this process is required I need to read up about how to figure out the settings because I still don’t know what I’m doing. And I don’t have a tripod - another ingredient to create a very steady hand. So when we went to the Library of Congress last week for an in person program I wanted to see if I could find a decent photo op. So we headed to the Great Hall. It’s a great time of the year to visit because there are not many visitors. You still need a timed pass to get in, but when you are attending a program you don’t. I tried to take several images but wasn’t happy with most of them because even with holding the phone on the rail, it wasn’t perfectly steady. I did have one that was reasonable and ended up being the photo of the week. I also tried taking an image of my husband turning the pages in a book. And later in the week we took a morning walk at the tidal basin. Again it was a pretty useless exercise because of the incorrect settings and unsteadiness. Some of the photo challenges are not as interesting as others. I do learn some things and overall enjoy the exercise. But I’m not always happy with the end result. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment