Monday, January 23, 2023

52Frames Your Hobby Photo Challenge

The subject for this week’s photo challenge was “your hobby.” So I had the idea that I would try a flat lay of some of the objects related to my digitalart hobby. Those items included a portrait of my borzoi Tatiana, a business card, and the website page of LITDigitalart, along with a photo of my New Yorker Eustice Tilley win. All of these were shown on digital devices. There was also a small stuffed animal of the breed with a braid made from her white tail. It seemed more like a memorial than a hobby. I spent a while configuring the items but ended up not liking any of them - even turning the orientation sideways for interest. So I tried a few more options using my iPad with completed custom pet portraits. One of them was a golden retriever aside the photo that was used to paint the subject. Another one was of two papillons with me sketching with my stylus. Then there were two more of our Borzoi and the retriever. Finally there was a composite of the steps showing the initial sketch to the completed painting. In the end we chose me - or my hand - painting the papillons showing the stylus. Some week the challenges are more fun than others. This one is always difficult to get right. 














No comments:

Post a Comment