Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Best 52Frames Photos 2022

Over two years ago - at the suggestion of a friend - I started participating in a weekly photo challenge. It came at a good time in the middle of the pandemic and was a great excuse to get out of the house. Every week there is a different subject. I’m not a photographer per se, but I always loved to take photos. I’ve never had any formal lessons and my camera these days is my iPhone. Because of this hobby I upgraded my iPhone 8 Plus to a 14 pro max. I haven’t had a real camera for many years. I’ve learned a lot of things over the past two years - a lot of new terminology and other photo tips and guidelines. There are well over three thousand participants from all over the world. Every week 52 images are selected by a panel as the best for that week. Two of my images have been selected which makes the hobby even more interesting. So seeing as how we just completed another year I reviewed all of the entries in 2022 and picked out my top nine favorites. They included the one item that was selected as a weekly favorite of my husband walking down the steps at the National gallery of Art, and eight others that seemed appealing. They were scenes from the Capitol, old town Alexandria, the National zoo, central Virginia, the US Botanic garden, and two at home. I don’t know what this year will bring but it does keep our interest - not only trying to figure out what to take and where we should go, but also making the final selection, then commenting on and getting feedback from followers all over the world. It’s not just another social app, it’s a motivator to be creative. 






No comments:

Post a Comment