Monday, January 30, 2023

52Frames Portrait of a Stranger Photo Challenge

The subject this week for the weekly photo challenge was “portrait of a stranger.”  It can be a bit uncomfortable going up to people and asking to take their photograph. But we have found that most people oblige - after you tell them you belong to a photo challenge and smile a lot. And I only have my iPhone so I don’t look as professional as someone with a “real” camera. So we drove in to town and started out at the US Botanic Garden. There was a lovely attendant greeting us at the front door. And just inside the conservatory was a volunteer who had a stand set up. That subject was about chocolate with a chocolate tree growing behind him. It made for a great backdrop and he also had a prop. Then we walked over to the National Gallery of Art. After walking through the galleries we met a smiling young man at the front door on our way out. He was more than happy to pose for us. Because the mall was relatively quiet it’s a great time to visit some of the museums that are usually packed. So we next went to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. We walked past the dinosaurs towards the back end where there are scientists doing their work. After tapping on the glass I managed to coax one of the scientists to look up from his microscope and share a smile. I never know which image will garner the most attention. My husband liked the coffee man most and I usually post what he prefers. He’s not so much in to the photography but more in to if it brings out some sort of emotion. Whenever I finish this challenge it feels very satisfactory. Perhaps it’s the interaction. Maybe it’s the end result. People seem to like having their photo taken. And I enjoy taking them! 












No comments:

Post a Comment