Monday, January 9, 2023

52Frames Self Portrait

I belong to a weekly photo challenge. And at the beginning of every year the subject is “self portrait.” It’s probably one of the most difficult challenges for obvious reasons. I suppose with the advent of selfies it’s not such a hard thing to do. And if the definition of a portrait means “no smiling” I will be way off. I don’t have a tripod that works very well so I don’t use the timer function at all. I tried a few “selfies” standing next ti the bedroom window in the early dusk light. I didn’t like any of them. Then I used my iPad and tried a few shots in the mirror that were interesting but not very good. On a morning walk in the park it was a useless case. Then I tried a few more in the mirror above the dresser and they just didn’t look right either. Then I remembered that my new iPhone 14 pro max has a high key portrait function. For whatever reason I like the way high key photos look. So I tried a few of them and they turned out reasonably well. My husband and I whittled the number down to three and couldn’t decide. So I posted them on instagram to see if any of the three had more traffic. But I also posted them on my business Facebook page seeking the opinions of anyone who was looking. In the end I picked the one with the most overall traffic - even though it wasn’t either of our favorites. It sure took a lot more time than usual to complete this week - and I don’t think the submission will even be noticed! 








No comments:

Post a Comment