Monday, January 22, 2024

52Frames Black and White Weekly Photo Challenge

As was true for most people last week it was very cold and very snowy. That would be common in the Midwest where we lived for thirty years. But it’s not so common in northern Virginia where we live now. But it does happen occasionally. So we didn’t get outside for morning walks at all last week. The parking structure became our treadmill. I had to find something for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge subject of “black and white” under my nose. So I spent an afternoon looking for options on the street below us. We live far enough above ground to get a different perspective of the things and people below us. There is an office building across the street so I took several photos of the snow falling against the dark street as well as the foot prints that soon appeared as the snow continued to accumulate. The editing part is always so much more fun. I ended up selecting the vertical option where the street looks more like the sky and was very magical looking. And even though it was not black nor white, a tiny red cardinal was added to a branch of the tree just to make it more whimsical - and I always have to submit a composite image! I also liked the high key horizontal version where the cardinal stood out a bit more. It almost looked like a greeting card of some kind. The footsteps also looked kind of cool and some of the angles were interesting. All I can say is that I am looking forward to seeing some sunshine and getting out of the house for some fresh air this week. It makes all the difference in the world. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment