Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A Grade and High School Classmate

Last year I was thinking of a classmate from nursing school and checked her out on the internet. Unfortunately I found an obituary. She had just passed away and it was a shock. For whatever reason I was thinking about a grade school classmate the other day. I remember her because of her red hair and freckles and that she was very noticeable and wondered whatever came of her. I wasn’t friends with her - she was in some of my home rooms. She also went to the first year of high school with us and then transferred out as a sophomore to a public school. When I found her I stumbled upon another obituary! She had also just passed away last month right before Christmas. It was rather jarring. I put her obituary on Facebook where several people and classmates shared their condolences. Apparently she had five siblings, became a physician, and lead an interesting life. It seems we are now being reminded routinely of people in our lives who are no longer with us. It used to be the “older people” - but we are now the older people. I hope that when I think of people from the past that they don’t all end up being eulogized. It’s an odd feeling. 








No comments:

Post a Comment