Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Too Many Doctor Visits

Twenty twenty four has not started out very well. For the last month we have been to see a doctor for my husband’s annoying and aggravating medical issue. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing, or at least something that we can get to the bottom of and live with the outcome. We have been to three different caregivers and he is scheduled for a test at the end of next month. So even if you can see the doctor sooner than later, you can’t have the required diagnostic test for a few weeks.  In between that time I’m dealing with someone who has never been ill and is also a doctor. All the worst case scenarios are considered even when there is not yet cause for alarm. It can become mentally exhausting with the highs and the lows of feeling better, then feeling worse again. It makes one consider how we didn’t always appreciate how healthy we were and taken it for granted. I have had several surgeries and am on several prescriptions and have had a lot of pain and aches in my life. For someone who has never had any of this it is a shock to the system. Regardless it is mind numbing to go through this process and we appreciate and wonder how everyone else manages these trials and tribulations. I prefer to worry once I know there is a real problem. And wouldn’t you know in between all of this I finally had my annual exam and need to schedule a consultation for something. My husband had a routine eye appointment at the same time - just another doctor visit. None of this is life threatening to date, but it sure has changed the mood in the house. I don’t like it but can’t do a thing about it. And it’s winter. I know things could be much worse. I’m not good at changing the routine. But I guess I’ll just have to get used to it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment