Thursday, January 18, 2024

Vitenzi Bifocal Sunglasses

When I wore progressive glasses all of the time I used sunglasses that simply covered the glasses. So I could always read and see at the same time. I stopped getting prescription sunglasses a long time ago because the prescription kept changing. So when I had cataract surgery in August and September last year, I would start to wear regular sunglasses again. But tthat didn’t work out as well as I thought because I couldn’t read anything. They were fine for walking, but not for reading - especially in the car or for taking close up photos. It was quite frustrating because I could always read the fine print - even with bifocals. So I have been searching for bifocal sunglasses and not having a lot of luck. I love the ThinOptics brand because of their simplicity and function and low profile, but they only have full lens reader sunglasses. I have recommended that they consider doing readers. Of course, you can order prescription bifocal sunglasses for more than I want to spend, so I kept looking. I found a brand called Vitenzi that looked okay and seemed to meet the requirements. I ordered the black rims and they arrived last week. The sun finally came out yesterday so I was able to try them. They actually look fine - although I hate the bifocal line. And, it was a joy to be able to read through them. My only complaint is that they feel a bit snug behind the ears.  I’ll need to give them some time and see if I can adjust. I really hope ThinOptics comes out with something. Their glasses are so light and unassuming. I do like the idea that I can see distance without glasses, but it’s been a painful transition for me. At this stage in my life I do more looking up close than far away. 














No comments:

Post a Comment