Sunday, January 14, 2024

ThinOptics Sunglasses Replacement

After I had cataract surgery in July/August last year I knew I would need to find some eyewear for reading close and also sunglasses for outside. I came upon ThinOptics and both my husband and I really love the key chain prince nez readers. The readers are with us wherever we go as they can easily be attached to your phone or key chain. I also got a pair of sunglasses that I really liked - except after just a few months the lenses were scratched because of the hard shell case - which is one of the reason I liked the glasses. The low profile and light weight glasses were appealing - except the scratches are in the line of vision. So I contacted the company and explained the situation and attached a photo of the scratches. They sent me a new pair without question because I think they know it is a problem. But this time they sent a soft sided case to put the glasses in that would prevent the same problem. I really appreciate that they were attentive and I also recommended some ideas about how to fix the original case - because that’s one of the advantages. The only problem with these and any other sunglasses out there is that I really need bifocal lenses. It’s really frustrating to not be able to read in the car or take photos at close range if I am out and about. ThinOptics has no plan to make bifocals so I’m searching for alternatives. I have actually worn the prince nez readers in front of the sunglasses in the interim. But that’s not very practical. I have to say that I miss my old eyes because I can no longer see up close which I could always do. But I can see distance for the first time in decades and don’t need glasses for that anymore. The transition is taking me longer to adjust to than I would have hoped. At least there are solutions to all of this. It’s just a bit inconvenient.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment