Monday, January 15, 2024

52Frames A New Technique Weekly Photo Challenge

The photo challenge this week was “a new technique.”  That meant we needed to come up with something we had never done before. So I researched different photo techniques and found “objects in ice” interesting. The hard part was coming up with something to put in the ice. I rounded up my first Madame Alexander doll (broken but a keepsake), some coins, and a fake bee. There were some interesting shots but I wanted to try something else. So we bought a bottle of distilled water to decrease the bubbles. Maybe ice cubes would be better? We cut some apple, watermelon slices, and added some grapes, oranges, blueberries and a single flower in to each of the six slots in the tray. The hard part was waiting for everything to freeze. It was a very messy and drippy affair. I think I took at least one hundred photos using macro and distance approaches, window sunlight and flashlight, arranging the cubes as best as possible even though they were sliding all over the counter. I really liked the image of the clustered cubes with a hint of coordinating color shining through the ice and going from light to dark. So the image was isolated on to a black backdrop and a composite photo was created. Some transparent puddles were added behind each cube to create a melting effect. It was an interesting process but probably not one I would tend to do again - unless there was a specific call for it for a weekly challenge. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment