Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Monday, September 2, 2024
52Frames Rule of Thirds Weekly Photo Challenge
The subject this week for the 52Frames photo challenge was “rule of thirds.” So we drove in to town to see what we could find in the White House neighborhood. We parked at the end of the National mall and started walking past the Smithsonian American History Museum, and down to Freedom Square along Pennsylvania Avenue. As we approached the White House there was a group of Asian visitors that looked dazzling - it looked like a fashion show. I really liked this photo and turned the background black and white but kept the actual color of the girls for a bit of contrast. But there was also a couple - full of tattoos - that passed by us on our way back to the car. I immediately turned around and got a photo of them - walking in sync - next to the commerce building. The blue toned background matched their jeans and they stuck out like sore thumbs against it. My husband loved this photo but I didn’t. But I submitted it anyway with a simple edit - there was no composite or interesting editing like I usually do. We rarely agree on which image to submit. We will find out if I should have overruled him!










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment