Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Sunday, September 22, 2024
Taping Foot for Plantar Fasciitis
It’s been three months since I came down with what I think is plantar fasciitis. I have tried just about everything from new walking shoes that are supposed to be made specifically for this problem, ice massages, PT stretch exercises, night and day splints, compression socks, etc. Whenever it feels like it might be getting better it starts all over again. My sister in law mentioned that the one thing that worked for her was taping her foot. So I checked on line and found a reasonable looking way of tackling this issue. But I didn’t have tape. Since the idea is to keep the foot immobilized, stretchy tape wouldn’t do. So I found a brand called leukotape that is used over an undercover thin stretch tape that helps protect the skin. Additionally it can be worn for a week. So I tried this method last week by wrapping my foot as best I could. It did offer the support it claimed but there were still occasions of the same pain. It’s also difficult to keep the tape dry while taking showers even with covering the foot with plastic. Plus it can be very slippery which is the last thing I need. Actually the tape dries out quickly when it gets wet. So yesterday the bandage was changed again for another week. I am hoping that keeping the foot stable it might finally help. If only I didn’t fall on the sidewalk a month ago. Now my knee is aching and it had a setback yesterday. It’s really all quite uncomfortable.




Labels:
foot,
plantar fasciitis,
taping foot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment