Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Renewal Passport Received in Record Time

Though I don’t think we will ever use them again, my passport was due to expire in January 2025. The last time it was renewed I was working at the Library of Congress, I took my own photo, and all of the paper work was dropped off at the House of Representatives. They called me when it was available. This time I used the new online passport renewal process after having met the qualifications to renew online. That was one week ago. All of the information was completed and a digital image was uploaded. The hardest part was getting the photo taken without any shadows. It said the turnaround time period would be six to eight weeks. Well, my passport arrived yesterday - one week after it was submitted! I have to say that I am very impressed with this service. It’s probably the best time to renew because all of the backlogs and last minute travelers are done from the summer season and most of the pent up travel flurry has subsided - until the holiday season arrives. So I still have my old passport and the new one has a unique digital page with two images. Now this item can be taken off my to do list. I would recommend this online method for anyone who meets the criteria for a basic passport renewal. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment