Saturday, September 28, 2024

Impressionism at the Paris 1874 Exhibit at the National Gallery of Art

Last week we went in to town for a morning walk. We stopped in at the National Gallery of Art to see the Paris 1874 Impressionist Moment Exhibit. Since the exhibit has just opened there was a twenty minute wait to get in to the gallery. And once in the gallery it was much too crowded for my taste! I am by no means an Art connoisseur - in fact I never really cared to visit art museums. Now we enjoy walking through the building and visiting both the old and new exhibits. And there is always plenty of opportunity to take photos for my weekly challenge. We didn’t spend a lot of time observing each painting because we knew we would probably visit again. It was difficult to get a close up view anyway because of the crowds. But I was happy to see several of the paintings that have been stuck in my head since first seeing them many years ago on greeting cards and posters. I always liked the Impressionism vibe - the colors and the subjects. We even visited Monet’s haunts when we were with our friends who live in France over twenty years ago. So this is a compilation of some of the art we saw. 























































No comments:

Post a Comment