Monday, June 11, 2012

Scooter Crutches

One of my colleagues fell in the metro and broke her big toe. She ended up with a boot and walked with a cane for awhile. It used to be crutches were the only mode of transport if a lower limb was not functioning. Last year I saw several of these "scooter" devices in action. They seem kind of appealing at first, but I think it must be difficult regardless of what you get stuck with. It's bad enough to have the need for it, and technology keeps improving. I think I would prefer a motorized device of some sort. Those hills can be killers, and everything around here and most places must be ADA compliant. May be it is a matter of pride? I had to use crutches one time while in college training to become a nurse. Luckily it was during the psychiatric rotation. It was just awful, and I feel for anyone who has to deal with it. I suppose it builds character, but I can think of a few other ways to do that.
I wonder if it really is easier than crutches?

It's tough climbing up Capitol Hill

I'm glad I'm the observer

No comments:

Post a Comment