Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Mexican Food Treat

One of the things I have missed since we have been stuck in the house since March 13 is Mexican food. My husband doesn’t care for it as much as I do, but he likes quesadillas and tortilla soup. We used to go to Tortilla Coast in the Capitol Hill neighborhood about every six weeks. It was just up the street from our condo. On our latest grocery order I made sure to include refried beans, chicken, corn, and tortillas. We had salsa and the rest of the fixings, and my husband got everything going. He mixed the chicken with peppers and onions and mushrooms in olive oil on the stove top. The end result was a delicious Mexican treat. We made enough to have leftovers, which is also a treat. A few things were missing - chips, rice and a margarita. Maybe next time? 
















No comments:

Post a Comment