Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Colorblast Mango Mojito Sneaky Flowers

If I knew then what I know now I probably would have made a different selection. Since we no longer have our Capitol Hill tiny patio garden we wanted to add some flower arrangement to our small balcony in northern Virginia. We ended up getting coco lined baskets filled with petunias and marigolds that could tolerate full sun. But I wanted to put our own stamp on the flower selections and ordered three different types from Growjoy in Indiana. We hung the planters from the back of the chairs so everything is up close and personal when we sit outside. I can’t imagine not having some sort of an outside space to retreat to. Two of the flowers continue to bloom and flower; but we noticed one of them blooms and then disappears. Apparently the colorblast mango mojito shows it’s face during the day, and shrivels back to nothing the same evening. I suppose it’s no different then the petunias that bloom and shrivel and require cutting back. Since I’m looking at them every day it’s hard to miss. The crows seem to find it all very interesting as we have caught Hekyl and Jekyl hiding food in the baskets. I’ve had a few stare downs with the nervy birds. Although a garden requires a lot of care and attention I do miss our patio that we had in the Midwest. There’s a lot of things I miss these days. But at least we have some outdoor space that we can spend some time in without a mask. I’m not sure what I would have preferred since we haven’t been to a nursery this year. I’ll have to think about it for next year. Hopefully we can do our own planting again. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment