Monday, March 28, 2022

52Frames Long Shutter Photo Challenge

This week’s 52Frames photo challenge was “long shutter.” Since my iPhone is my camera, I need to use an app to achieve this type of thing. We started out in Old Town Alexandria hoping to find something. But the bird photos didn’t turn out and neither did anything else. So that left us having to try and find something somewhere else. So later in the week we drove down to the Tidal Basin to see what we could find. We had just been there the week before on a very foggy morning - just before full bloom. Only now, we didn’t want to get out of the car because it was too crowded. So we drove around the basin. That movement doesn’t help trying to get a long shutter shot. The idea is to keep the camera very still so that the interesting movement is capture - not the whole scene. I have two apps that I attempted to use to achieve this. Since I didn’t have a tripod and the car was stopping and starting so much the end results were less than desirable. Because of that I selected the image that was the most outlandish since everything else was just not very good. There is usually one image that sticks out from the rest. This week was another story. Since the idea is to submit something every week regardless of how it ends up looking I met the challenge. That in itself should make me feel better. I suppose I could blame it on my iPhone. This week I will. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment