Saturday, March 26, 2022

A Birthday in the House

There is a big birthday in the house today. You may never know it. My husband never celebrated birthdays - for anyone. So I got out of the habit too - except for my parents, friends, siblings, and other family members. I think he likes to be remembered in spite of it. In error, someone mentioned his birthday on Facebook (two days before the actual date) and a lot of people noticed. And he enjoyed getting all of the comments. The problem is is that the comments are all on my account, so I have to speak on his behalf to reply. Sometimes having a single account has its drawbacks. I’m sure a lot of birthdays would be missed if not for Facebook reminders. Today he got an E-card from our dear friends in the Midwest and a text from our daughter in law who never forgets. It’s funny how she always remembers and our son never comments. The day is not over yet so there may be a few more well wishers out there. The dental office from Capitol Hill sent a card last week - we don’t even go there anymore. His office nurse passed away last year and she always sent a card. We will order pick up from Moby Dick tonight for dinner. It’s our favorite Persian place. Tonight I’ll put a candle on his cookies served along with tea so he can blow out a candle. I always have to put on my own candle and sing to myself! Reaching 83 is a huge milestone. I can hardly believe it. I’m wishing for another year of good health and happiness. After all that’s all that really matters since every day is a birthday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment