Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wells Fargo Account Beneficiary

My mom passed away two years ago - just before the pandemic. My sister was named the executor. Thank goodness for that! I don’t think I would have had the patience, stamina, or know how to process all the paperwork and legal documentation. The last thing that needed to still be done was to finally close out the bank account. My mom had an account with just $100 in it that was not a joint account with my sister. So she could not disperse the funds like she did with the other account. In order to finally close out this last account my brother and I would have to take a trip to Wells Fargo and request our third of the total. So we went yesterday morning and they were too busy to fit us in without having to wait a long time. So we made an appointment on line when we got home for this morning. Even with the appointment we had to wait fifteen minutes. Staffing shortages are everywhere and customer service is not what it used to be. Finally we were attended to, and that took another twenty minutes or more. My sister sent us the account information and the death certificate - even though she had already provided that information to the bank. So we ended up with $33.67 - in cash. I really need to thank my sister for handling all of this. It would have been really difficult and time consuming without internet and document signatures on line to get the estate settled. My family did not come from money and every dime was hard earned. My parents gave up a lot to provide for us - even to the end. And for that I am forever grateful. 








No comments:

Post a Comment