Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Busy Day Soup

Every once in a while I see a recipe that looks easy enough to try. Someone circulated a shrimp casserole dish that we really like. So when I came across the busy day soup recipe it looked interesting. The ingredients are ground meat, canned diced tomatoes, five cups of water, frozen vegetables, onion soup mix and macaroni. The preparation is simple enough. Once the main part is done it is left to cook for an hour. The last fifteen minutes the macaroni and frozen vegetables are added and cooked for another fifteen minutes. When it was completed it looked nice enough but I have to say that it tasted really bland. And since I can’t have salt, it was really bland. I added a bit of pepper. My husband added a bit of lemon juice. Maybe it will taste better the second time around. Or maybe it could be poured over a potato or rice. I don’t think we will be making it again. That’s really too bad because it was so easy to make. And since I’m not a cook I really appreciate these kinds of recipes. Or maybe we just need to figure out how to jazz it up. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment