Sunday, March 27, 2022

Ali Shokri Photography

I belong to the 52Frames photo challenge group. Every week we need to take a photo of a specific subject matter and then submit one image to the website. It’s been a great hobby to have during the pandemic - an excuse to get out of the house. My iPhone is my camera so I’m a bit limited trying to learn a variety of techniques. But I have learned a lot and have gotten apps to assist in some of the more interesting challenges. Last November the challenge was to imitate a photographer. So I found Ali Shokri who specializes in black and white tree photography. While in central Virginia for Thanksgiving visiting family I mentioned that I needed to get a good tree photo. I got a few reasonably decent ones along the James River. Our son mentioned that we should stop in Arrington Virginia on our way back home to visit a single huge oak tree that sits on an old plantation. So we did. And there it was - a HUGE white oak on the farmland. So I submitted that image to the challenge that week. I always post my images on Instagram as well to see which ones resonate with the audience. Last week Ali Shokri “liked” two of the images I had posted. His work is really quite lovely and I developed a liking for black and white photography - I never cared for it before. So, thanks for noticing my images - and thanks for sharing your work! 










No comments:

Post a Comment