Monday, March 14, 2022

52Frames Low Key

Some of the weekly 52Frames photo challenges can be difficult - especially when my camera is an iPhone 8Plus. I was thinking about getting an iPhone 13 last year - just for the camera, but decided to wait until iPhone 14 came out because there are rumors that it might have a decent telephoto capability. So in the interim I sometimes use photo apps to achieve the subject matter. I tried to find a few decent options when we walked in the park - but they really didn’t meet the criteria. So when we went in to town last week to see the “if then/she can” exhibit on the national mall, I did use a photo app to decrease the shutter speed to get less light on the subject. It worked out pretty well since we were in bright sunlight. The end result shows just the hard hat and flowing hair along with a hint of the face of Kimberly Sass - a randomly selected 3D printed orange sculpture in front of the arts and industries building. She is an architect and professional hockey player. I don’t ever think that my entry will be one of the 52 selected out of the thousands that are submitted, but one week it happened! So I am always hoping it might happen again and try to find interesting subjects. We are lucky that we still live so close to the city. It was really nice to actually live on Capitol Hill for thirteen years, but nice to live away from it too. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment