Thursday, July 14, 2011

Paint & Nausea

I woke up early this morning feeling a little nauseated- but not enough to stay home. With only an hour more to sleep, I decided to just get up and head to work, thinking I would be home an hour earlier. When I arrived to work at 7:30, there were painters taping off items and stirring the contents of the cans, along with the cleaning crew who were there vacuuming and dusting. Feeling already out of sorts, the noise of the vacuum and the smell of the paint were not helping. As the day wore on, I did feel better until a meeting that was scheduled at 3PM became 3:30PM, and I knew it would take at least an hour. I usually get out of work on time, but for this one atypical day that I went in early, the meeting went two hours, and I ended up leaving an hour later than usual. Rats! I try NOT to work overtime ... and in my past life, we were paid as salaried workers, and worked whatever without nickel and diming. That is very different here. Any time worked over the regular schedule must be approved, and time sheets must kept up to date- and you better get the extra hours authorized, and you better sign in and out correctly.
Taping the door knob meant there would be a definite
whiff of paint - bad enough when you're not nauseated

I thought for sure I would get the wet paint on me somehow,
but it was avoided

No comments:

Post a Comment