Friday, May 24, 2013

A Portfolio from Kindergarten to College

I always had an interest in art that was sidelined by reality and the need to make a living. I never thought of art as a career until the IPad came along about three years ago. When we moved from Milwaukee to DC, we basically left everything behind. But I did keep a couple of items that show some level of artistic inclination. Now I have an Etsy Shop for custom orders, a personal website, a Fine Art America website, a dog and cat "gallery wall" at the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill, a Facebook Business page, Pinterest Boards, this blog, wrote two children's books, and have samples of my work hanging in The Library of Congress. I even was a winner in The New Yorker Eustace Tilley contest! It's a great hobby and when I think about it, I was always creating things from crayons on construction paper, felt bananas with faces, water colors, glueing sequins on ceiling tiles, cutting felt letters without a pattern to burlap, entering contests and actually winning, pen and ink sketches, charcoal pencil sketches...those portraits are supposed to be Jackson Browne, Cat Stevens, George and John. I think I like the 70's fashion even more. And so it goes....if anyone thinks digital art is cheating, I'm not! The IPad is simply the canvas, and the stylus is the paintbrush. I just wish I had saved a few more things!

No comments:

Post a Comment