Saturday, May 11, 2013

Capitol Hill Iris

I didn't intend to capture the beauty of the iris today. But we went to lunch with our friend who is an iris expert. When we got home, we walked with her a block or two, and she knew every name, age, and you name it about every plant we saw along the way. So my husband and I got our walking shows on and made our way around the neighborhood to see how the gardens were progressing and to check out the iris. There are so many more colors and versions than I could possibly show here. They appear to grow like weeds all over the place, and in bunches, and may not get the attention they deserve. It's best to observe each one individually to really appreciate the detail and shapes. It is unfortunate that they only last such a short time, but I suppose that is why they should be viewed with such interest. We did have a few in Milwaukee, but I can't say I ever paid that much attention. Maybe they just look better here, but I think we like them more because we know someone who really loves these plants. That makes the biggest difference. Here's to you and your iris garden M!

No comments:

Post a Comment