Monday, January 30, 2017

HP Instant Ink Service

A few months ago I got a new HP Envy 5660 Printer to replace my old printer that no longer worked. The new printer has two ink cartridges; the old one had five. I use the printer primarily to print 8x10 photos of my digital art portraits that are mounted on foam board and hung at the Wagtime shop "gallery wall." The ink cartridges that came with the printer were about done, so I replaced them with the two that were delivered to our house when I signed up for the HP instant ink service. One of the things I found most annoying was having to go to staples or wherever to buy ink for the printer. I picked the plan that allows for fifty printed sheets a month - typically more than we would use. When I replaced the old cartridges with the new ones, the ink replacement process started - I got an email from HP immediately. So, HP will know when it is time to replace my ink, and send it to me. The old cartridges were placed in the recycle bag that was sent and returned in the mail. So I ended up printing 31 portraits and 10 business card sheets. I have a few more items to go until I hit the "quota." I also had a promotion code for no service fee and should be getting a couple months with no charge. So far, it's working like it was intended. The idea is not to run our of ink, and save money on very expensive ink. Let's see what happens.













No comments:

Post a Comment