Monday, January 23, 2017

Voorthuis Eyewear - Round Two

In November, my husband and I went to our eye doctor and got new prescriptions. We went to look for frames at Voorthuis in Old Town Alexandria. We have gotten at least three pairs of glasses there before. My husband ordered his, but I wanted to wait a bit more and try on a few more frames when we picked his up. A few weeks ago, we went to pick his up. His new glasses were fine and we had no issues. I tried on several more frames and then ordered a new pair for myself. I gave them my prescription and they made a copy of it. When we went to pick my glasses up about ten days ago, I was excited to get a better frame and better lenses. When I put them on, I couldn't see the side of a barn door. When I looked in the box, I saw that they used my husband's prescription instead of mine. I asked him to try my glasses on, and he could see perfectly. The salesperson was very apologetic, and reprocessed the order after making another copy of my prescription. We suggested that if she could find a frame, we might purchase a second pair for him, since the lenses would be of no use to anyone. So today we went back to pick mine up, and see if there were workable frames for him. When I tried the glasses on, the same thing happened. It was his prescription again. I can understand that this sort of thing might happen once, but twice??! The original salesperson said it could be a wrong prescription from the physician...wrong. Or, I handed them a wrong prescription...wrong. That my lenses were sent back to the lab and they put the wrong lenses in...yes. That my lenses were sent back to the lab...yes. The idea that frames could be found for a second pair of lenses was not possible - completely contrary to what the other salespersons said...sad. It was surreal. There was hardly an apology for whatever the error was - we were made to feel like it was our fault. There was no mention of even a minor discount or any sort of pay back for the inconvenience of having to come back another time. So, I'm waiting to see what happens when my glasses finally are correct, but I'm losing hope. It's taken the joy out of this very expensive purchase, I'm not looking forward to going back to the store, and I wonder if we will ever go back there again. Would you?! Stay tuned for the end result. I really don't know what to expect, but I have a feeling it won't be what I would do if I owned the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment