Saturday, February 25, 2017

LLBean Casual Skirts

Since I retired a year ago my wardrobe has completely changed. Gone are the suits and skirts that I wore entirely for the work setting. In comes the LLBean walking outfits made for any kind of weather. I waited a year to see if there are other items that I would still wear - and I never do. I really need to edit the closet again soon. However, some of staples I was lacking were casual straight skirts. I had a couple skorts, but that's not the same as a longer length a line or straight skirt that can be dressed up or down, is good for travel, and errands. So we went to LLBean last week to see how they might fit. Unfortunately they can only be bought on line. I was very hesitant to order any because I'm in between a size 10 and 12 depending on the cut. Twelve is oftentimes too big in the hips, but good in the waist; 10 is good in the hips and tight in the waist. So I gambled and ordered size ten and kept my fingers crossed. They were all on sale, I had a coupon and ended up with three skirts for next to nothing. They are all different styles, and lengths. I have to say they all fit okay - I liked the one with the stretchy waist band the most and they all come with some "flexible" fabric. When you get older, you want to be comfortable -  but not too baggy. So I'm hoping they work out. It's amazing how tatstes change as the decades pass by. Things are getting back to a much more simpler and easier pace.





No comments:

Post a Comment