Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A Bus Ride Around Town

Last week we went to pick up my senior smart card in the event we ever wanted to take metro in to town. Today we thought we should check out the bus route that we would need to take to get to the metro station from our house. When we lived on Capitol Hill, Capitol South metro station was two blocks away. I am not a fan of public transportation but my husband loves it. I have a feeling we will be taking it more now than we needed to before. So we walked to the bus stop that is located right in front of our house. I have three transportation apps that have all the required info, but I’m not used to any of it and prefer a car any day. We waited a few minutes for the bus because I knew when it was expected to arrive, and we were soon off on our adventure for the day. We picked up a few passengers along the way, then the route ended at Tyson’s Mall - which was not expected. I thought we would ride in a big circle and didn’t expect to have to get off and start all over. Good thing the weather was decent! There was a nice young man who assisted us with our questions about where to catch the next bus. So we took note of where we would need to get off and reboard for our silver line metro stop, and realized we could take the bus to Nordstrom or LLBean if we felt like it. The senior pass fare is $1.00 each way. It is a convenience to be right on the bus line. But I’d rather take a car any day. The next adventure will be taking the metro in to town. We’ll definitely need to plan that in between rush hour times. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment