Sunday, June 30, 2019

McDonald’s Vanilla Ice Cream Cone and Smoothie

My dad loved ice cream. I remember as a child taking car rides to Michael’s Dairy in Connecticut to get a cone. In Milwaukee we went to Kopp’s custard with our Borzoi Tatiana - she always got a lick or two. Last night after dinner both of us were in the mood for something, but we didn’t know where to get ice cream in our new neighborhood. There certainly wasn’t a Kopp’s or Michael’s Dairy anywhere near us. Because it was so hot, we had to drive - so we drove right over to McDonald’s two blocks away. We went to the drive through and ordered a small vanilla cone and a small strawberry/ banana smoothie. It’s been quite some time since we had ice cream and it tasted delicious! We parked in the lot, opened the windows, and it was just heavenly. I’m not that particular about the type or kind of ice cream I get. Orange sherbet and strawberry ice cream were also on the top of my list. So for a last minute thought for dessert last night it hit the spot. The usual angel food cake for me, and cookies and tea for my husband were replaced with this treat. We really enjoyed it because we rarely do it. I don’t know why McDonald’s gets a bad rap. For cross country trips and tasty desserts it just hits he spot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment