Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Amazon Response to Copyright Infringement

I have an Amazon Merch Shop that sells t shirts using my original pet portrait images. I also sell three children’s books on Amazon. Aside from that I have my own website that consolidates all the websites that showcase all of my digital art work along with this blog and other social media items. So it was with surprise when I saw a coffee mug being sold by Camellia’s House with my pug dog portrait and another mug sold by Withpiper using my retirement portrait. I knew they weren’t my items because I don’t sell coffee mugs on Amazon. I emailed Amazon and informed them that I was neither contacted by nor granted permission for either of these shops to use my artwork. I received a response but nothing happened. So I tried again via chat. After getting connected to a fourth person - who knew what I was talking about - he walked me through the forms I needed to complete while I was with him on chat. He was very helpful. I received a response and they required more information about me and my business. I had to upload the offending URL’s. They said my case would be reviewed. Within two days I got a response saying the images were removed. When I looked for Camellia’s House I couldn’t find it, but the Withpiper still existed. Yesterday when I was looking on the Amazon website two more of my images - of black labs - were being used by another shop called Somehowstore. So I filled in the form again, got a note it was received, but haven’t heard back yet. I suppose I could feel flattered that someone is using my artwork but I am not. If they contacted me and asked permission and I got a per cent of the profits it would make all the difference. I have a feeling a lot more of my artwork is being pirated including my children’s books - because I’ve seen them on some very odd websites. It’s sad but a very real problem. I guess I’ll keep filing complaints. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment