Sunday, June 23, 2019

Hill Rag - Properties Sold

When we moved to DC 13 years ago we always picked up the neighborhood publication called the Hill Rag. Even before we moved it wasn’t unusual to peruse the latest issue when we visited the city. At one time I was actually submitting written content about subjects like my blog that were published. One of the categories of interest to us was real estate. We always checked out who was selling their properties and what the asking prices were. Outside of that I always looked at the DC real estate market in general to get an idea about a lot of things -not just in our neighborhood, but in northern Virginia too. So I wanted to make sure we picked up the May and June editions of the Hill Rag because both of our condos would be listed. It would be used for more of a keepsake and also documentation that we actually lived there. I’m glad we did- especially when our family lived down the street and I worked at the Library of Congress. But our family moved a few years ago and I retired, so it was no longer necessary to deal with the “cons” of living in an urban environment two blocks away from the Capitol. The 1890’s Building and all the related issues were becoming more annoying than the fewer and fewer “pros” that were initially more enticing. We were younger then! So I have my copies of the Hill Rag and took photos of the important pages. Even now when we go in to town we will pick up the latest edition. It’s all so familiar. 














No comments:

Post a Comment