Sunday, June 16, 2019

When Was the Last Time You Ironed?

Since I retired three years ago my wardrobe changed. It is now filled with LLBean hiking shorts, pants, and shirts, along with shoes for walking. I donated most of my work clothes and heels and kept just a few things for the unlikely event that might require them. We were invited a while back to go to a fairly upscale restaurant last evening in Great Falls. I didn’t give the matter any thought about what I would wear - until yesterday afternoon. I have a lot more “nicer” clothes for the colder months and not much at all for warmer evenings. So it was a struggle to pull something together. My husband doesn’t even own a sport jacket or casual laced shoes- just two suits and two ties that are tucked way back in the closet. To make matters worse, what I found to wear was so wrinkled it needed to be ironed. I can’t remember the last time I ironed. But we do at least own a miniature ironing board and iron, so I set it up on the kitchen peninsula and did the best I could. After I put the equipment away I realized I preferred another shirt thst would work better but it also needed ironing. So I set the ironing board up again in the bedroom. Neither my husband or I are really in to “dressing up” anymore. Goodness knows we did enough of that! We do prefer a much more casual lifestyle. As for the dinner date? The company couldn’t have been better and it was a delightful experience. But we will take the no fuss approach any time. 












No comments:

Post a Comment