Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Story of My Life in Pillows

We wanted to freshen up the living room space with a couple of pillows. I dislike the pillows that originally came with the couch and usually try to find another home for them. After searching last year and not finding anything I liked, I tried again a couple of weeks ago. No one seems to make 18x18 pillows anymore. Everything is huge. We didn’t need the fillers either which makes it even more difficult. So I did find an interesting pattern on Houzz that goes well with the tribal ethnic persian carpet. And wouldn’t you know they come from Fall River, Massachusetts - where a lot of family is from. The city is famous for its textile mills. It was funny to see the tracking label for the pillows - from Massachusetts to Virginia because it’s exactly the same path I started on so many years ago and ended up in now. The pillows arrived and as with my Persian wall art, I shuffled things around until I got it right - but I’ll probably change my mind again. The new pillows did end up in the living room. One went on the chair and the other one on the couch. The RH striped pillow from the chair ended up in the den. One of the matching couch pillows ended up in the den and another one on the living room chair. The original Ethan Allen pillow from the Midwest moved to the bedroom from the den. And the two solid dark red pillows ended up in storage. I never liked those anyway. Eventually I would love to get a larger couch or sectional that would fits the now larger living space rather than the current loveseat we had on Capitol Hill. And the old DWR recliner could use a recover. So for now the pillows add a punch of something. And that’s good enough for now. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment