Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Little Prince Reminder

We had to read The Little Prince in high school French class. My husband loves this book as does our son. The other day I was reminded of it when I got an email from the Toymaker. I never stopped subscribing to her. I used to love getting her emails when our grandson was small because I would make all the paper toys from her PDF patterns. When I came home from work our grandson would be there with my husband who was babysitting. We would always make some crafty things. Four year old kids are just so sweet! So when the fox from The Little Prince said “if you come at four in the afternoon, I’ll begin to be happy by three” - it reminded me of the good ole days. So I texted the note to our grandson who is a freshman in college now! Aside from that I also sent him the page from my children's book “The Four Promises” where there is an illustration of him reading the book. His father wanted him to promise that our grandson would read the book while he was deployed. That was one of the four promises. He wanted the story to be internalized. So it was a nostalgic day to think about the times gone by. Our grandson responded by saying “good memories.”








No comments:

Post a Comment