Tuesday, February 15, 2022

A Day to Remember Mom

I will always remember the day. My mom passed away two years ago on the day after Valentine’s. I had just sent her what I wasn’t sure would be the last card. She was doing poorly the last few weeks after having taken a bad fall at home. But the last year of her life was not at all what she would have wanted it to be. But in her 97 years she lived a good life. Reflecting on it I am taken with her strength - in just about every regard. On top of that was her generosity. I got a text yesterday from the neighbor who literally took care of her twenty four hours a day. She and her family were closer to my mom than any of us were that last year and the good times so many years before that. It’s been hard to get over this loss because the pandemic started around the same time leaving us not a lot of options to “get back to normal.” The one solace I have is to know that everyone goes through the same thing and somehow manage to cope. I guess I knew her for such a long time! It’s hard to forget her and I hope I never will. 











No comments:

Post a Comment