Monday, November 7, 2022

52Frames Chaos Photo Challenge

It was either a technical approach or a photo of something that was considered to look like chaos. That was the challenge this week for the 52Frames photo op. Every week there is a different subject and my husband and I try to think of different places we could take a morning walk but also find images that meet the task. So we took the subject literally and got photos of a burned out house that’s been on a street corner in Vienna for several months now. Then I thought about using the slow shutter app to take several multiple exposures of the street below of the cars parked and also moving about. Then we drove in to DC and found a parking spot in our old Capitol Hill neighborhood. We hadn’t visited the Capitol for quite some time so we walked that way. The multiple exposure idea was used again on the Capitol building - and this week definitely would reflect the chaos of the current environment. But I tend to stay politically neutral and finally opted for the multiple exposure  image of driving in DC. It was a combined photo of the Capitol building and construction, street signs, and moving cars on the freeway. It doesn’t matter what time of the day it is. The freeway is always a pain - especially right after the on ramp where several lanes merge heading towards the tidal basin. My husband liked the color and the chaos of the moment. It’s always fun to edit the images and bring them all to life but it’s always difficult - for me - to select the best one. I’m trying to figure out what the judges might like. My husband goes with his gut and how the image looks. We rarely agree on just one, but I guess that’s what makes the photo challenge more interesting. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment