Monday, November 28, 2022

52Frames Wabi-Sabi Photo Challenge

Wabi Sabi is an interesting concept and it was the subject of this week’s photo challenge. The idea is to find beauty in imperfection. Since we were traveling to central Virginia to visit family for the holiday, I knew there would be plenty of options at their 1800’s warehouse home along the James River. Since many of the original architectural elements remain, the whitewashed chipped brick and heavily tracked floors were options. Their dog loves to sit in the sunshine and was the perfect way to showcase the almost destroyed wood. Their quirky taste in art was highlighted against the brick - but the frame was even interesting. They have a cabin about a half an hour away from home and next to their property is a dilapidated shack. But none of the options looked appealing and the place was literally a mess. Walking east along the James River showcased the lone naked branched tree that looked stunning when I turned west. The backlit reflection of the mountains and sister trees in the water was simply lovely. But I wasn’t sure that this would meet the criteria for wabi sabi. I took a few more nature shots of the River and distressed trees as well as the walls in the lower level and living space. I ended up picking the walls with the art since it was my husband’s favorite and got a lot of likes on my Facebook business page. I don’t think it will be a winner, but it was a good try. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment