Tuesday, November 22, 2022

52Frames Food Photography Weekly Challenge

My husband does most of the cooking. Last week I had the urge to make my mom’s Polish chicken soup. I found the old recipe my mom shared with me - I wrote it down as she told me the ingredients - almost 50 years ago. I thought I might use that as the subject for the weekly photo challenge I belong to because the subject was food photography. But before that I had taken a couple of photos of an Italian sub that I cut in to small pieces related to a short term dental problem. And the end result was a colorful and textural image that ended up being my favorite. So we gathered the ingredients for the soup - chicken, carrots, onions, celery, soup bones, parsley flakes, salt, and three quarts of water in a large pot. We ended up getting real egg noodles instead of using the elbow macaroni. I wanted to stay true to the recipe.  I couldn’t find vegetable flakes anywhere so made our own substitutions. My only dilemma was do you put the noodles in the soup or make them separately? Anyway, I took some photos of the raw ingredients and a few after the soup was served and ready to eat. I haven’t made this soup for such a long time and the nostalgia was killing me! The house smelled sooo good. The soup itself was very good, but needed a bit more salt. My mom always had to make things rather bland because my dad had stomach ulcers. My husband prefers tomato based soups but he was a good sport. You can’t really mess up chicken soup anyway. I was surprised how easy it was and we will definitely make it again. Sometimes the photo challenge coincides with something I would have been doing that week. This week was one of those times. And it was simply delicious! 








No comments:

Post a Comment