Thursday, November 17, 2022

52Frames Weekend Warrior

Last week I got an email from 52frames saying that I became a weekly warrior - for the second time. Based on the recommendation of a friend, I joined the weekly photo challenge during the pandemic - primarily to just get out of the house. A certain subject is described each week and you need to find an image that best represents that subject. So I’ve been at it for two years! Not only did I get the email that hailed the landmark achievement, my name is on the 52Frames website under the “hall of framers” headline. When the weekly email was sent on Tuesday to inform us that the current album was now “live” my name was also noted with the 17 others that also managed to go a whole year without missing a weekly entry. And in my 52Frames page it shows that I am a 52streaker and an all time 104. Over the last two years my photos have been selected two times for the 52best of the week. It’s quite amazing considering I have never taken a photography class and my iPhone is my camera, and the number of entries is usually over 3,000 plus. I have learned a lot just being involved. There are terms I had never heard of and techniques that I have now incorporated. I have a couple of new photography apps that I routinely use. This year I finally updated my iPhone 8plus to an iPhone 14 pro max and the difference in my photos is remarkable. It’s also fun to use the platform for social networking with people from around the globe. So every week my husband and I look forward to the challenges, consider all of the images that were taken, and jointly select the entry for the week. It’s been a fun experience, and I’m glad I started - two years ago! 












No comments:

Post a Comment