Monday, February 6, 2023

52Frames Black and White Photo Challenge

John Paul Jones was switched out for Neil Armstrong for this week’s 52Frames photo challenge. The photo of the statue by the WWII Memorial was artistically better than the astronaut. It had all of the right shadows and drama. Some of the best images are taken on a whim rather than concentrating on creating a masterpiece. But I knew we wouldn’t be back in the Air and Space Museum for quite some time and the statue is outside and we pass by it not infrequently. And Neil Armstrong was a “compilation” photo. That meant I figured out how to use my digital art program procreate to edit photos by using two layers to create one image. Plus I haven’t used an image from the space museum since I started this weekly adventure a couple of years ago. There were also some interesting photos of rocket boosters and moon shoes. We also had some great images from the Tidal Basin, the WWII Memorial, Constitution Gardens, the Viet Nam Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial and reflecting pool, and Memorial Bridge. There have been two instances that my image was selected as a top 52 - and they were items that I didn’t think were that great. I usually rely on my husband’s judgment because he has good taste. I try to follow the objective definition of the challenge whereas he goes by a positive emotion that he feels by looking at the image. He preferred John Paul Jones as a better photo. But he also preferred the reflecting pool image better than both. The response on instagram was the astronaut; the response on my Facebook business page favored John Paul. Maybe I should quit relying on what other people like and choose what I like the most? Probably not. The best photos are the ones that we both like. That rarely happens. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment