Wednesday, February 15, 2023

All Creatures Great and Small Zoom Chat

We have been watching PBS Masterpiece for a long time. The first show I watched was about Henry VIII back in the seventies. Now we get email notifications and Facebook reminders about all things Masterpiece. The other day an email arrived to register for a zoom chat with the actors from All Creatures Great and Small. My husband doesn’t care so much for this program, but I like the general mood of it all. And I like animals. So I signed up and got the zoom link for the program that was scheduled for Sunday at three in the afternoon. I got a reminder at two o’clock and set up my iPad in the den. My husband joined me because we usually do things together. We have attended a few “talk backs” after plays when we lived in the Midwest. And we also attended one on the GW campus in DC for a Downton Abby event. There, we watched the full episode of the new season opener and interacted with the actors. So it was enjoyable to experience the same type of event with this cast. It started with viewing the first half hour of the next episode followed by a question and answer exchange with the writer, producer and interviewer with the actors. Then audience questions were accepted. It was night time for the actors in England and the afternoon for us. It’s always interesting to note how different the actors really are from the characters they play. One has a preconceived notion about the person. It’s really amazing what zoom has been able to do to make getting to appointments so much easier - doctor visits, condo board meetings, and these sorts of things. No, it’s not the same as being in person. But sometimes it’s all you need. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment